Dunchurch Lodge and Gardens
Dunchurch Lodge and Gardens, ornamental gardens that were created during the Imperial period. Formal gardens and a kitchen garden were also created. They are situated to the east of Dunchurch.
1 Early 20th century grounds of 13ha laid out by Thomas H Mawson to accompany a country house. In 1804, the site, then farmland, was purchased on behalf of the Directors of the Oxford Union Canal Company. The company built a substantial house on roughly the site of the existing mansion. The gardens comprise terracing, formal gardens, a fountain pool, croquet lawn and kitchen gardens.