Site of Arbury Priory
The site of Arbury Priory, an Augustinian monastery governed by a prior of Medieval date. It was situated in Arbury Park, 400m west of Swanland.
1 Arbury House is on the site of an Augustinian priory of canons which was granted to Charles Brandon, Duke of Suffolk, after the Dissolution (PRN 6258).
2 An Augustinian priory dedicated to the Blessed Virgin was founded early in the reign of Henry II (1154-89) by Ralph de Sudley. The Priory was suppressed in 1536.
3 No trace remains of the original priory.