Church of St Edmund and Church House, Church Lane, Thurlaston
The Church of St Edmund and Church House. The church/school and the church house were built in the Imperial period, and are situated south east of the Manor House, Thurlaston.
1 Chancel, nave, N vestry, and W tower forming house. Orientated N-S. 1849, by William Butterfield. Built as a chapel-school, to be used as a school during the week and a church on Sunday, with schoolmaster’s house attached. Simple Gothic Revival style. Brick with limestone tracery. An interesting example of a distinctively Victorian building type, which was then ‘new in idea and practice’.
2 Pevsner entry.
4 The church is in use and the house is still used as a dwelling.