The Pedagogue's House
Early 16th century building. Currently part of Edward VI school.
1Built in c.1503 probably as a result of a legacy left to the guild in 1502 by Thomas Handys. The timbers were felled in 1502.
2 Dendrochronology of the Pedagogue’s House recorded a felling date for a timber of 1502 AD. Convetionally, this building had been dated to AD 1427-28, when it is documented that a school house was under construction.