The Manor House, King's Newnham
The Manor House, a farmhouse that was built during the Post Medieval period. Documentary evidence suggests that there may also have been a brewery and a malthouse on this site. The manor house is located in King's Newnham.
1 Shown on Ordnance Survey map as manor house. Farmhouse. Early/mid 18th century. Flemish bond brick with string course. Plain-tile roof; brick and stacks. L-plan with wing on right to rear. 2 storeys and attic; 7-window range. Symmetrical front. 6-panelled door has panelled reveals and painted moulded wood architrave, and pediment hood on shaped brackets. Sashes have gauged brick flat arches.
3 The east wing of the Manor House may have housed a brewhouse at one time. The stones from the demolished Newnham Hall (in 1776) were used for making a malt house among other things and a plan in the CRO of George Worth’s House (probably the manor) marks a brewhouse on it. The house appears in excellent condition.