The Malt House, Turners Green, Rowington
A house which from the front appears to have been built during the Imperial period, however there is some internal evidence to suggest it is an earlier, Post Medieval, house. Behind the property is a former malt house. It is situated in Turner's Green.
1 From the front this appears to be a late 18th or early 19th century house, but there is some timbering in the rear rooms and it would seem to be a re-fronting of an older house. Occupancy is noted from 1548 – 1851. In 1606 it was described as being of three bays and there was a barn and a cowhouse of three bays. At the rear of the house there is a building, once a malt house, made of large blocks of local sandstone. It is marked as building No. 44 on the 1550 – 1650 map in this book.