Stoneythorpe Mill, the remains of a watermill, probably one of two mentioned in the Domesday survey and later documents. The 18th century building is much altered. Part of the machinery remains, including the waterwheel. It is located north of the Hall.
1 There were two mills in Southam in 1086. The mills are recorded again in 1291. A mill, probably on this site, is recorded in 1675 and 1683. Information on ownership exists for the 19th century. David Bellairs, the last known miller, was there from 1884-92. The mill buildings date from the 18th century, but show many signs of alterations carried out in the 19th century. The side of the mill which is visible from the nearby Manor House has been faced with brickwork and plaster, with alcoves simulating gothic doors and windows. The roof and floors of the building have gone. Part of the machinery, including the waterwheel, remains. It is a breast-shot wheel, about 3m in diameter and 2.1m wide. Beside the mill and a short distance away are stables and cart sheds.