Site of Graveyard of Radway Church
The site of a cemetery dating back to the Post Medieval period. The graveyard is associated with the old church at Radway. It is situated 300m south of the present church.
1 The old graveyard was here and is now levelled.
2 A survey of the graveyard, made in 1949. The earliest stones found were dated to 1646 and 1663. The last stone was for a grave in 1878. Crude baroque styles. Mostly of local stone.
3 Plan of the graveyard giving positions of tombstones and inscriptions made in 1949 is deposited in Warwickshire County Record Office (see copy in FI File 698).
4 The graveyard is marked on the OS 1st ed (1886) 6″ series
5 Survey of monumental inscriptions on graves and monuments in the graveyard and inside the church
6 Survey of monumental inscriptions of Warwickshire graveyards and churches and floral survey of churchyards. Includes a plan that shows graves to the south of the church. The shape of the land boundary seems consistent with a different orientation however, one that would make the church aligned north-south with the graves to the west.
7 Historical map showing graveyard close around the church.
8 Notes and comments on this site.