Friends' Meeting House, 39 High Street, Warwick
A Society of Friends' Quaker Meeting House dating to the Post Medieval period. It is still in use for worship, and is situated in the High Street, Warwick.
1 A Meeting of Quakers was probably founded as a result of visits to Warwick by George Fox in 1655 and 1656. In 1671 a house in High Pavement was bought and a meeting-house later built there. The building was destroyed in the fire of 1694 and the present meeting-house was built on the site in the following year. It was closed in 1909 but reopened in 1949.
3 13m by 6.3m externally. Of brick with a stone plinth and quoins and a tiled roof. A cottage was built at the NW end in the 18th century. A well (PRN 2158).
4 Photograph published 1986.