An archaeological excavation in Castle Park revealed evidence of a settlement dating to the Medieval period. Plot boundaries, post holes and three stone lined pits were discovered. Medieval pottery and a leather knife scabbard were among the finds recovered.
A quantity of Roman material including fragments of pottery, mortaria and box flue tile, was recoved from a field to the south of Newborough Farm, Pillerton Priors. The finds suggest that this might be the site of a Roman villa.
The site of settlement which is visible as a cropmarks on aerial photographs. It includes enclosures, ring ditches and linear features which have been interpreted as possible boundary ditches. The date of the settlement is unknown but it is likely to span from the Bronze Age to possibly the Roman period. It is situated 1km south west of Rushington.
A rectangular double ditched enclosure, associated linear features and a possible trackway of unknown date are visible as cropmarks on aerial photographs. It has been suggested these features represent a settlement. They are located 800m west of the cemetery, Barford.
A complex of enclosures, linear features, trackways and a pit alignment. The features are of unknown date. They are visible as cropmarks on aerial photographs. The site lies 500 south west of Lawford Heath.
The probable extent of the medieval settlement based on the Ordnance Survey map of 1887.
The possible extent of the Medieval settlement of Arlescote based on documentary evidence.
The probable extent of settlement at Avon Dassett during the Medieval period which has been identified on the Ordnance Survey map of 1886.
The possible extent of medieval settlement in Blackwell as indicated on the Ordnance Survey map of 1886 and on aerial photographs.
An archaeological investigation uncovered the stone foundations of a Medieval building within the limits of the shrunken village at Loxley.