Union Chapel, Clemens Street
The site of Union Chapel, a nonconformist chapel built in the Imperial period. It was located in Clemens Street, Leamington Spa.
1 The ‘Independent Chapel’ was the first home of Nonconformity in Leamington. Named the ‘Union Chapel’, it was opened in 1816 and considerably altered and rebuilt in 1835. In 1836 a new chapel was built in Spencer Street (PRN 2401). The Clemens Street chapel was used as a theatre from 1848 to 1866.
3 The location is difficult as it is not marked on the OS maps of 1886,1906, or 1938.