Former LNWR Rugby-Leamington
The site of the former LNWR Rugby to Leamington Railway Line, in use from the Imperial to the Modern periods. It is marked on the Ordnance Survey first edition 25" map.
1 Built under powers granted by Act of 1846 to the Rugby and Leamington Railway Company, which was absorbed the same year by the London and North Western Railway Company. Single track opened 1851 with stations at Marton and Birdingbury. Double track from Rugby-Dunchurch opened 1882 (by which time Dunchurch Station [WA 6845] also presumably opened) and Dunchurch-Leamington 1884. Sidings at Bilton (WA7571). Closed to passenger traffic 1959 12.
3 The Rugby & Leamington branch of the LNWR is shown on the OS 1st ed 25″ map.