Hawkesbury Junction Houses
Hawkesbury Junction Houses. At the junction of the Coventry and Oxford canals there is a lock-keeper's cottage and two houses that were built during the Imperial period. They are situated 300m north east of Coney Lane Bridge.
1 The junction of the Coventry Canal (1768) and the Oxford Canal (1769) has several interesting features: The junction lock which preserves the respective levels of the two canals is crossed by a small metal bridge and has a lock-keepers cottage alongside. On the Sutton Stop (Coventry) side of the complex there are two terraces of 19th century housing including a shop and inn while across the canal there is a small warehouse cum dwelling.