Luddington Upper (Old) Lock
Site of a lock, a chamber with wooden gates at each end, with sluices used to lower and raise the water level, which dated from the Post Medieval period. It was located on the River Avon, 100m south of All Saints's Church Luddington.
1 The lock is probably the work of Yarrington around 1664. Adjacent was a weir, of which no trace remains. The lock was circular with a diameter of 75 foot and a lift of 3 foot. It had double head and tail gates with paddles inset. The sides of the chamber were drystone walled. The bottom of the lock was unsealed except near the gates. The greater part of the stonework on the right hand side of the lock is intact, and the angular quoin provided to locate the right hand tail gate can be seen. The stonework on the left hand side has mostly disappeared, as have the gates.