Stretton Wharf to SW of Stretton under Fosse
Stretton Wharf, a canal wharf where vessels would have loaded and unloaded goods. It dates from the Imperial period, and is located south east of Bloore's Spinney, and is marked on the Ordnance Survey maps of 1886 and 1903.
1 On the 1886 and 1903 OS maps and on Baker’s map of 1831, a building alongside the canal here is labelled Stretton Wharf. The building is two storey with a bay for a winch, this still stands, among a modern concrete wharf and a number of modern buildings.
3 Access to the site could not be obtained.
4 The canal here is a branch of the Oxford Canal, formed when the Oxford was straightened in the 1830s.