Site of Benedictine Nunnery at Bretford
Documentary evidence suggests that a small Benedictine Nunnery was founded at Bretford during the Medieval period. The exact location of the nunnery is unknown.
1 The younger Geoffrey de Clinton gave land to Noemi the Nun, for the establishment of a small house of nuns. The scheme was speedily abandoned and the endowment given to Kenilworth Priory.
2 Founded after 1154, dissolved before 1167. This was a small house of two-three nuns. Later there were only two nuns.
3 Noted by Ordnance Survey.