Park House grounds
A park land and formal garden attached to the Post Medieval Park House. The grounds were later included in Welcombe estate.
1 A view by John Wootton shows the 17th century house, built by Thomas Coventry, with walled formal gardens. Sold 1816, becoming part of Welcombe estate. Shrubbery planting, walks and ponds in old park area. Recommended for inclusion on Local List.
2 – 3 The OS 1:10560 1886 and 1938 Sht 38SE show garden and park features including ponds and an avenue.
4 Park shown on Greenwood’s map of 1822.