Pavilions at Arlescote House, Warmington
Three Post Medieval garden pavilions or summerhouses are all that remain of a formal garden at Arlescote House.
1 Two late 17th/ early 18th century ogee roofed corner pavilions, part of walled forecourt forming part of vanished formal gardens.
2 Two ogee roofed gazebos were built at the south end of a walled forecourt, and a further pair were built to the north. An unusually complete survival of a garden arrangement once common in Warwickshire.
3 Three pavilions located on 1999 OS digital map.
4 Garden laid out in 17th century. Layout can be seen on 1842 Tithe Map. Fourth (missing) pavillion is probably located north of the ‘brewhouse’, where the privy at the end of the garage/stable block is located.
More information on the pavilions can be found in the Listed Buildings description.