Mill Mound at Monks Kirby Vicarage
The site of a post mill, a windmill mounted on a post. It dates back to at least the Imperial period. It is marked on an estate map of 1791. The mound on which the windmill stood is visible as an earthwork. The site is located on Miller's Lane, Monks Kirby.
1 Post mill. Mill Lane, large mound. Transferred from Spon End, Coventry, 1776. Ceased 19th century.
2 Mill marked.
3 Mill mound marked.
4 The mound now stands in the garden of the vicarage. About 2m high at its highest point and probably ten metres in diameter. Covered in grass and trees. The N part of the mound is cut away by the hedge and road.