Stourton Mill. Two mills are recorded here during the Medieval period. The mill continued in use until 1924. It was situated 500m south of Sutton-under-Brailes.
1 There were two mills at Stourton in 1221 and both are mentioned in 1594. A mill is recorded in 1694 and information on ownership exists for the 19th century and early 20th century. The last recorded mention is 1924. Since closure the mill has been demolished and the site is marked by a waterfall constructed at the end of the head race. The fine mill house stands nearby.
2 Listed Building Description.