Church of St John the Baptist, Wasperton
The Church of St John the Baptist. Built in the 18th century, it replaced a Medieval church. The church was largely rebuilt during the Imperial period. It is situated 150m south south west of the Wasperton Post Office.
1 Chancel, nave with W bellcote, S aisle, and N porch.
2 The drawing of c1820 in the Aylesford collection shows a short nave and bell-turret in rudimentary classical style, with round-headed windows and bell-openings, with a substantially older chancel, probably a survival from the Medieval church.
3 1843 by Sir G G Scott, an early work in which he had to accommodate his ideals to an existing red sandstone box of 1736. The characteristically tooled walls tell of this unwelcome predecessor. By Scott the open wooden bell-turret with spirelet, the windows, the S aisle and the whole E end.
5 Noted by Ordnance Survey.