Congregational Chapel, Main Street, Stretton under Fosse
A Congregational Chapel that was built during the Imperial period. It is no longer in use but the building remains standing. It is situated on Main Street, Stretton Under Fosse.
1 The Independents have a small brick chapel here, founded in 1789. It will accommodate 300 and has a burying ground attached.
3 No longer used but in a fair state of repair.
4 Former Presbyterian chapel, built 1780-1 for a society which had existed since the late 17th century, became Congregational in the 19th century and was dissolved c1965. Brick walls with a hipped slate roof. Round-arched and circular windows. Small vestry to SE. Interior 12m by 9.4m, with original and 19th century furnishings.
6 Photograph in RCHM Inventory.