Avonmore villa garden, Alveston
Avonmore Villa garden, created as a villa and grounds in the Imperial period, and marked on maps from 1822 and later. It is situated to the south east of the Church of St James, Alveston.
1 The gardens consist of pleasure grounds with mixed plantings, walks, paddocks, and small park.
2 The OS 1:10560 1886 Sht Warks 44NE shows the house and grounds.
3 More extensive grounds appear to be shown on the OS 1:10560 1938 Sht Warks 44NE.
4 Greenwood shows a more extensive area than on the 1886 map.
5 Illustrative map.
6 Greenwood’s map.