The Clifton Upon Dunsmore Local History Group was formed in 1981 and has produced a number of publications relating to the village and also the adjoining villages of Newton and Old Brownsover. The Group has a substantial archive of documents and photographs which are available for inspection by prior notice.
The Newbold Tunnel was built in 1829, and is a familiar landmark along the Oxford Canal around Rugby. The two pubs, the Boat and Barley Mow, are perpendicular to the ...
Canal barges parked for the week end on 28th January 1968.
The 2nd Battalion the Royal Fusiliers were billeted on Stockingford, Nuneaton in January 1915.
Sometime in the 1920s with a London and North Western Railway, Claughton Class 4-6-0 through train heading to Birmingham.
From the Nuneaton Local History Group Collection.
Toppers is one of the oldest fish and chip businesses in Britain being 102 years old this year (2014).