King Edward VI Grammar School, Stratford upon Avon
King Edward VI Grammar School. Originally this building was the Medieval guildhall. It now forms part of the premises of the grammar school in Stratford upon Avon.
1 King Edward VI Grammar School. This was originally the Guild Hall dating from 1417 and now forms part of the Grammar School premises. The ground floor, once the hall where the Guild met is currently used as a teaching area; upstairs, the roof trusses and other interior timbers are exposed, although it is clear that originally this area was divided into rooms.
2The earliest reference to a school master occurs in the late 13th century records of the Bishop of Worcester. At this date the school was associated with the parish church and probably occupied buildings close to it. The school occupied the guildhall from the mid 1560s.