Site of Ice House at Arbury Hall
The site of an icehouse, built partially underground and used for storing ice in warm weather. It dated to the Imperial period and was situated 150m west of Arbury Hall.
1 Site of ice house marked on OS map of 1887.
2 Domed ice-house with top opening had an entrance within a rusticated porch. It was locally known as Sir Roger’s (Newdigate) Bath-house as it was in a waterlogged state in 1955.
Beamon and Roaf state that it was derelict in their report.