Site of C17 Baginton Hall 100m N of Church
The site of Baginton Hall, a country house that was built during the Post Medieval period. It burnt down in 1706 and was rebuilt on a slightly different site. The house was situated 100m north west of the church at Baginton.
1 A house was built in 1618 and had been destroyed by fire in 1706. A new Georgian house (PRN 5354) replaced the earlier one. It was always assumed that they both occupied the same site, but recent excavations for gravel disclosed the foundations and cellars of the earlier beneath the lawns lying on the S side of the latter.