Shrunken Settlement at Woodwards Green
The site of shrunken village dating to the Imperial period. It is known from documentary evidence. The site is located at Woodwards Green.
1 Woodward’s Green is a small area of former common-land. Two houses stood beside it in 1807 and 1820, one remaining today. A third building is noted in 1863. There are no signs of the demolished houses, although a curving hollow perhaps represents the field boundary which bounded this holding.