Cemetery 500m NW of Morton Bagot
The site of a cemetery of unknown date. It was discovered in the 19th century and is located 500m north west of Morton Bagot.
1 F White’s Directory of 1874 (p1119) records that about 40 years earlier 24 human skeletons were found buried about a yard beneath the surface, in what was called the new plantation. The skeletons were in perfect condition. This appears to apply to Morton Plantation, the only plantation of any size not shown planted on the 1820 estate map. A ditch around the S side of the plantation has been considerably deepened and may account for the discovery. The site is in an area of Medieval open field and the cemetery may be an early one.