Redditch and Evesham Railway (same as WA7233)
1 The Evesham and Redditch Railway was built under powers granted by a Parliametary Act dating to 13th July 1863. The line was opened between Alcester and Redditch on 4th May 1868, the section between Alcester and Evesham having already opened in June 1866. From the outset the railway was operated by Midland Railway being legally absorbed into the latter in July 1882 and becoming known as Barnt Green, Evesham and Ashchurch Branch of the Midland Railway. Between Alcester and Redditch there were two stations at Coughton (WA7298) and Studley Astwoodbank (WA7301). The line was closed in the early 1960s being lifted in 1965.