Shipston Bridge, the remains of a Post Medieval stone bridge. It was widened in the 19th century and the upstream side rebuilt in brick. It crosses the River Stour, 200m south east of the church.
1 The Dean and Chapter of Worcester were responsible for the repair of half of the bridge at Shipston on Stour, and in the records of the sessions for 1633 and 1635 the bridge was stated to be ‘in decay’. Ogilby showed a stone bridge with six arches, as at the present time, and five of them are four-centred in shape. On the downstream face is the date 1698, but the other side has been widened by about 3m, in brick with stone arch-rings having projecting keystones. The total span is 34m, and the roadway is 5.5m in width.
2 The upstream side was rebuilt in brick when the bridge was widened in the last century.