Post Medieval farmhouse at Manor Farm, Long Compton
A farmhouse dating to the Post Medieval period. It is situated 100m south east of the church.
1 This 18th century farmhouse (built 1710 but with later alterations) now provides residential accomodation and is called Manor House. There is no evidence to suggest that there was ever a manorial function here. In several rooms there is glass from the windows of the Elizabethan house at Weston Park (WA 2387), taken out by Sir George Philips during the rebuilding of the 19th century. The Sheldon coat of arms appears frequently and the name of the member of the family represented in each window.