Lyon Farm, Rowington Green
A house which dates from the Post Medieval period but with several later additions. It is situated at Rowington Green.
1 There have been many additions to this house at different periods. The central portion and eastern cross wing probably constitute the original house, now bricked, but the timber is exposed in the northern gable of the wing. The southern end of the wing was extended, probably in the 18th century when most of the house was bricked and a central rear wing added. In the 19th century a further cross wing, partially pebble dashed and with a higher roof, was added to the west of the house. It includes the dairy and the kitchen. It is marked as building No.38 on the 1550 – 1650 map in this book.