19th century walling and part of a modern quarry tile floor were recorded during the construction of a building extension. The walls were likely to have been part of a building shown on the 1905 OS map. The site lay immediately behind 38 Castle Hill, Kenilworth.
1 The watching brief on ground reduction and the excavation of foundation trenches for a new extension to the rear of the Clarendon Arms/Harrington’s Restautant recorded walling and part of a quarry tile floor. The bricks appeared to be 19th century in date and the quarry tiles were modern. The walls were likely to have been part of a building shown on the 1905 Ordnance Survey map. This building may have been modified to form part of the recently demolished annexe.