Possible Site of Chapel S of The Quarry, Attleborough.
The possible site of a Post Medieval chapel which lay west of Church Way, Attleborough. The existence of the chapel is suggested by documentary evidence.
1 In a survey taken 26 Henry VIII (1535) a chapel at Attleborough is mentioned.
2 A few remains of what may have been this chapel have been found near the Green: Ex inf the Rev M Knight.
3 The Rev Marcus Knight has left the area. Local enquiries ascertained that at SP3790, now built over, was an old graveyard, adjoining but considerably predating the 19th century Baptist church. No more specific information could be obtained.