Old Water House Mill, Warwick
The site of Old Waterhouse Mill, a watermill which was in use from the Post Medieval to the Imperial period. On the Ordnance Survey map of 1886 it was marked as a saw mill. Its location was 50m south west of Warwick Station.
1 The mill existed in the early 18th century when there were two mills under one roof. One was known as Frog Mill and one as Priory Mill. The mill was leased in 1693 and provided parts of Warwick with water up to the mid 19th century. It was marked as a saw mill on the 1886 OS 1:10560 map. Only a few mounds remain on the site.
2 In 1693 the mills were leased to John Hopkins of Birmingham, who had ‘a design to furnish so many of the inhabitants of the town of Warwick as shall desire the same with water to be carried by an engine or engines and pipes…’ Pipes were laid from the pump to a cistern at the end of Sheep Street (Northgate Street), leased by William Bolton, lord of the manor.