Site of a river lock on the River Avon , a rectangular chamber with wooden gates at each end, and sluices to lower and raise the level of the water. It dates from the Post Medieval period, is still visible, and is situated 200m southwest of Bidford Grange.
1 Presumably another of the locks built around 1664, during the reign of the Stuarts, when a syndicate bought the navigation and started improving it, this would have been a 30 ton lock built by Yarraton. The site has changed greatly since the river was navigable due to silting in the channels. The chamber of the lock is fairly well preserved. It was built in drystone walling 54′ by 15′ with double head and tail gates and was a lift of 4 feet 9 inches.
2 Plan from Hadfield and Norris on SMR card.
3 Marked on the First Edition Ordnance Survey Map.