Church of St Michael and All Angels, Brownsover
The Church of St Michael and All Angels which was originally built during the Medieval period. The church was largely restored during the Imperial period. It is situated 200m south east of Brownsover Hall.
1 Chancel (6m by 4m) and nave (9.1m by 7.5m). Built in the early 13th century and its plan has not been materially altered since. Further windows inserted later in the Medieval period, and at various times after the Reformation seven brick buttresses and a W porch were added. The church suffered a drastic restoration, being almost entirely rebuilt in 1877 by Sir George Gilbert Scott. Brownsover was from the 12th century onwards a chapelry of Clifton on Dunsmore.
2 Drawing of c1820.
4 Noted by Ordnance Survey.