Church of St Lawrence, Oxhill
The Church of St Lawrence which dates back to the Medieval period. Alterations were made to the building during the Post Medieval and Imperial periods. The church is located in Oxhill.
1 Chancel, nave, N porch and W tower. Both nave and chancel date from about the mid 12th century, but the S wall of the chancel has been considerably repaired several times, and the E wall was entirely rebuilt in the 17th or 18th century. The nave retains original N and S doorways, one N window and the chancel arch, but the S wall has been largely restored later. Early 16th century clearstorey. W tower and N porch of early 15th century. Church restored in 1865 (chancel), 1877-8 and 1908. 12th century font.
2 Plan of the church.
3 Exterior photograph of the south door.
5 Noted by Ordnance Survey.
6 Press cutting about one of the gravestones.