The site of Barcheston Mill, a Medieval watermill and a later building dating to the Imperial period. It is located 200m south west of the church at Barcheston.
1 A mill at Barcheston is recorded in 1086. It was mentioned again in 1217, being tenanted by Simon de Barcheston. Information on ownership exists for the 19th century and early 20th century. In 1928 Arthur Hancox is recorded as miller and the mill closed a few years later. The mill building is a small three-storey brick structure which had an undershot waterwheel enclosed in a brick wheelhouse. Both the wheel and wheelhouse have been removed. All the machinery was removed c1940.
2 16th to 17th century stone, the upper storey modern brick. A small timber-framed tenement adjoins.
3 The mill is no longer listed.