Windmill 400m NW of Herberts Farm
The site of a post mill, a windmill mounted on a post. It was built during the Imperial period. All that remains of the windmill is a mound visible as an earthwork. It was situated 500m north west of Middle Tysoe.
1 Mill marked.
2 Marked as ‘Old Mill Field’.
3 Marked as disused.
4 Possibly built 1752, derelict late 18th century. Rebuilt by mid 19th century. Ceased 1913. Demolished 1920s. Post Mill.
5 Only a small mound on relatively high ground marks the site.
6 Noted. Labelled as Site K. Labelled on map as site of windmill and house.