Victoria Bridge, a stone bridge in the Gothic style, was built in the Imperial period, close to the site of an earlier brick bridge. It crosses the River Leam at the north end of Victoria Terrace, Leamington Spa.
1 Before 1808 the bridge was a brick structure and was not in quite the same place as its successor. A new bridge was described as ‘a very handsome stone bridge in the Gothic style…’, 7m wide. Leamington Bridge was opened by Dr Jephson on the Queen’s birthday (24.5.1840) and was therefore named Victoria Bridge. It is now 12m wide between the parapets. The bridge was built by Mr Green to the design of Mr J G Jackson.
2 A new stone bridge of three arches was begun in 1807 and completed in 1809 under the direction of Mr Couchman.
3 Listed Building Description.