Site of Post Medieval Bridge 800m W of The Square, Wolvey
The site of a Post Medieval bridge which is known from documentary evidence. The bridge was situated on Bulkington Road, 500m west of Wolvey.
1 From Ryton a road runs E, crossing the Anker by the ‘stone horse bridge called Goose Bridge’ in 1659. The repair of this bridge caused disputes between Wolvey and Bulkington parishes in 1659 and 1664.
2 The site is now occupied by a modern culvert.