The Woodlands, Turner's Green, Rowington
An 'L' shaped timber framed house infilled with brick which dates from the Post Medieval period is situated in Turner's Green.
1 An ‘L’-shaped house of timber and brick. The cross wing, which has a central chimney stack, was extended slightly in the 18th century when a brick gable, with a pretty fan window, was added. The room to the E of the hall has an external chimney stack of brick and stone with two diagonally placed square shafts, the tops of which are quite ornate compared with most in Rowington. It is marked as No. 28 on the 1550 – 1650 map in this book.
2 Formerly listed as The Woodlands). Grade II House. 17th century with later alterations. Small timber-framing with brick infill; old plain-tile roof; stone dressed brick lateral stack to right, brick ridge stack to cross-wing with 4 diagonally-set flues. 2-storey, 3-bay range with 2 storeys and attic cross-wing to left. Irregular fenestration of casements. C20 entry to rear of cross wing. C20 door to porch.
Listing NGR: SP1982469580