Site of Quarry on East side of Coventry Airport
The site of a quarry which was in use during the Imperial period. It is marked on a tithe map of 1841 as a marl pit and on the Ordnance Survey map of 1905 as a gravel pit. The quarry has now been built over but it was situated in the area of the Coventry Trading Estate.
1 On the 1841 tithe map, a field centered around this NGR is labelled Marl Pit Close.
2 On the 1905 OS map an area of the approximate size shown on the map is marked quite clearly, with hatching, as Gravel Pit. However, no further reference to it was found (it appears on no later maps).
3 The area is now underneath a modern factory building.