Site of Possible Mill at Hampton Lucy
A watermill was recorded at Hampton Lucy in the Domesday survey, and later documents refer to up to four mills. The present mill on a site, which may date back to the Medieval period, is still in use and is situated just above the bridge.
1 There was a mill at Hampton in 1086. It is also recorded in 1182 and 1299. Four mills are mentioned in a conveyance of the manor in 1678; these probably include two or three millwheels under one roof and also the mill at Fulbrook (PRN 836). The present mill, which is still in use, is situated just above the bridge.
2 Domesday reference.