Site of Possible Barrow
Place Name evidence suggests that this may once have been the site of a Prehistoric round barrow. The site lies on the bank of the River Avon on the parish boundary between Barford and Wasperton
1 The site of a possible barrow on the bank of the River Avon on the parish boundary between Barford and Wasperton is suggested by place name evidence. The area is known as Inggeslowe in 1400 (WRO CR 1886-483) and later as Ingslowe (1574), Ingsley, Ingelsey (1684, 1760) and Ingley (1810), the low placename probably indicating the presence of a barrow. The name is given as the point where fishing rights ended, which in another reference is given as the boundary between Barford and Wasperton.
2 Barrow in use between Neolithic and early Iron Age. Round barrows primarily Bronze Age.