Site of Poss Post Medieval Manor House N of Church
The site of a manor house dating to the Imperial period. It is marked on a tithe map of 1842. The manor house was situated north of the church in Monks Kirby.
1 The OS map marks a manor house. No further information, but the site is so close to the church (pre 14th century) that it is very unlikely to be that of a manor house. Any buildings there would probably be connected with the priory or post-Reformation occupation.
2 The map shows a courtyard arrangement of buildings N and E of the church.
3 Is it possible that these are priory buildings (MWA4242) converted into a manor house?