Quarry to W of Bond End, Monks Kirby
The site of a quarry that dates back to at least the Imperial period. It is marked on a tithe award map of 1842 and is also visible as an earthwork. The site is located 200m north west of the church at Monks Kirby.
1 Two fields adjoining these earthworks are marked on the 1842 tithe map as Satchwells Close w/Sand Pit and Sand Hill.
2 The quarry still exists as a substantial pit in the side of a hill slope, c20m across, and up to 6-8m deep.