Site of Medieval cross opposite the Guild chapel
The site of a Medieval cross for which there is documentary evidence from the 13th century. It stood opposite the Guild Chapel, Stratford upon Avon.
1 There was a cross, sometimes called the White Cross, opposite the Guild Chapel, which is mentioned before the end of the 13th century and was standing in 1608.
2 Site occupied by modern roadway.
3In 1608 it was associated with the butter and cheese market and had probably been a market cross for a long time before.